Saturday, November 05, 2005

I can move to a foreign country alone, but heaven help me if I see a scary movie

Well, after all of the hard work I've had to do teaching, I was really ready for the the vaccances de Toussaint. We had 2 weeks off at the end of October through the first few days of November. Anita left straight away on a trip to Lyon with some of her friends, so I had the place to myself for awhile. During my first week of vacation, I went on a few bike rides (magnificent pics on my yahoo page), and spent an evening with Geraldine watching Monty Python sketches and drinking tea (she's an English geek the way I'm a French geek), knit a scarf, became addicted to Sudoku, and took myself on a few dates. One evening, I decided to go out to dinner and a movie toute seule. I sometimes frequent movies alone back home too, so this wasn't too out of the ordinary. The movie that was playing was Entre ses Mains, which means Between his Hands. The summary I read of it made it seem like a bit of a dark comedy. Well, it turns out, it was definately a horror film. The main character falls in love with a veterinarian who seems a little eccentric. Gradually she connects that this same veterinarian is the serial killer that has been in the news as of late. He kills women by slitting their throats with a scalpal after going home with them after going to a nightclub. This was not what I had in mind. When the film was over, I had to walk 15 or 20 minutes home by myself, and it was dark, and misting, and nobody goes anywhere at night in Paimpol, so all I could hear was my own boots clicking on the sidewalk, and I had to walk past a cemetary, as well as many bushes which were probably hiding homicidal veterinarians. When I got back to the apt, I turned on all the lights, locked the doors, and called my mom. Dinner was good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home