Saturday, November 05, 2005

Brehat encore

A week and a half after my orientation, Chris, Elsa, and Kirstin came to Paimpol for the weekend to visit. Anita ( my roomate) and I have a mansion of an apartment compared to most assistants, as we have an extra bedroom as well as a pull out couch. The first evening, we ate at my favorite creperie, Creperie Morel, and didn't stay up too late in order to facilitate getting up early the next day to go to l'Ile de Brehat again. We brought a picnic of bread, butter, cheese, wine, chocolate, and hummous, and it was sunny again, as well as unseasonably warm. Chris and I climbed one of the big rock formations, and were a good 100 feet in the air hanging our feet off the side. It was truly magnificent. That evening, I had my most successful dinner party to date. I made lasagna and garlic bread, with guacamole as an appetizer, as well as numerous aperitifs from our continuously growing bar. After dinner, we went into town to see if there was anybody at the few bars. We went to one called the Pub, and it was not terribly exciting, but there was an old man who wanted to waltz with all of us girls. I faked a sprained ankle and limped out of the bar to show Chris to an ATM and let the girls get rid of him. Elsa told him we were all lawyers working for the European union, and by the time I got back, the aforementioned old man was terribly confused, and we decided to leave. We spent Sunday lazing around and doing lesson plans.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home